A free resource for authorized users, offering digital access to resources such as: eBooks & audiobooks for kids on most subjects, online interactive Storytelling, colorful and fun resources for homework help & research, and more!
To access have your EDI-PI or DOD ID Number and Date of Birth ready.
Eligibility is being verified through DEERS per DODI 1015.10 and COMDTINST M1710.13
The Annual Summer Reading Program emphasizes fun and rewards reading while helping school age children and teens retain academic skills such as reading, writing, and math during their break from school. This program is open to ALL AGES including pre-readers. For more information, please visit the sign-up page at:
2023 Summer Reading Program: Find Your Voice!
Registration begins Monday June 5th!
Please join us for special SRP events every Thursday at 2PM!
June 15th: Kick-off Party and Registration
June 22nd: 3rd MAW Brass Quintet
June 29th: Sail into the Seas
July 6th: Kamishbai
July 13th: Meet PMO and Fire Department
July 20th: Mad Science
July 27th: Paws for a Cause
Aug 3rd: End of SRP Party
- Collection: An unbiased collection of fiction and non-fiction books for juvenile through adult audience with after-hours book drop available at the front of the library
- Computers: An impressive bank of 15-public computers, 4-Marine Corps NMCI network computers, free WIFI, scanning, printing (daily 10-page limit), photocopying, faxing
- CMC: Access to physical and digital copies of the current Commandant’s Professional Reading List
- Digital Databases: Over 140 databases and digital resources, including but not limited to: eBooks, audiobooks, digital magazines, foreign language learning resources, and full text research databases.
- Test Prep: A diverse collection of GED, SAT, GRE, GMAT, CLEP, ASVAB, and DSST test preparation resources both online and in physical formats.
- Quiet Spaces: Study rooms, reading nooks, a conference room, and a private nursing area
There is no limit on the number of books you can check out. Two copies, per title, per patron for CMC titles.
There is a limit of three video games checked out per account.
There is a limit of three Launchpads checked out per account.
From book clubs to game nights, and even teen programming; Miramar Station Library offers a program for patrons of any age!
For the most up-to-date information, please visit us on Facebook or Instagram!
*More programming can be found under the Children's Library and Makerspace
Located within the main library, the children’s library offers daily programming, including sign language, early literacy, music, song and dance, baby massage, and more. The Annual Summer Reading Program is a 6-week event, packed full of incentives, events, and prizes, beginning Monday, June 12th.
Summer Reading Program
- The Annual Summer Reading Program emphasizes fun and rewards reading while helping school age children and teens retain academic skills such as reading, writing, and math during their break from school. This program is open to ALL AGES including pre-readers.
- For more information, please visit the sign-up page at: https://miramarstationlibrary.beanstack.org/reader365
- Summer Reading Program 2023: Find Your Voice
- Begins Monday, June 12th
- Special *LIVE* Events schedule coming soon!
MCAS Miramar’s Makerspace strives to provide low to no cost resources and open access to tools and technology. It is an educationally enriched, collaborative inspired environment, encouraging multidisciplinary innovation and prototyping of ideas through hands-on creativity. The Makerspace facilitates weekly programming involving STEAM activities and 3D printing.
To learn more about the Makerspace Room or to schedule a consultation with the Makerspace Coordinator, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please allow 2-3 business days for a reply.
Items in the Makerspace Room:
- 3D Printer
- Laser Etcher
- Vinyl Cutter
- Sewing Machine
- Embroidery Machine
- Mini-heat press
- Craft materials
- Virtual Reality
- STEM/STEAM Games for all ages
- Board Games
- Due to the types of technology and machinery used:
- children under the age of 9 must be supervised by a caregiver physically present in the Makerspace Room
- dependents ages 9-17 years, certain items/equipment require parent and/or staff supervision
- First time users of the 3D Printers and Laser Etcher require a consultation with the Makerspace Coordinator.
- All Makerspace items must be handled with care and, are not available for library check- out.
- Always maintain professional, polite, and collaborative behavior.
- Active-Duty Service Members have priority when using Makerspace technology and equipment. Includes the use of, (not a complete list):
- 3D Printer
- Laser Etcher
- Virtual Reality
- 3D modeling and simulation software
- Sewing Machine
- Use of the 3D printers and Laser Cutter take time, please allow at least 1 -2 weeks for proper execution.
- Patrons are encouraged to bring their own materials, especially if they wish to use the 3D printers, laser cutter, vinyl cutter, and sewing and embroidery machine. We strongly recommend that patrons contact the Makerspace Coordinator before purchasing any supplies to use with any of our equipment.
- In case of incidents relating but not limited to injury, loss or damage, Library Staff must be immediately informed.
- Makerspace Coordinator and Library Staff reserve the right to stop and/or refuse services to a destructive or unruly patron.
- Currently, the Makerspace Room does not accept any donations or volunteers.
Note that the current turnaround time for plaque requests is 2 weeks. Projects submitted with less than 2 weeks completion time will be handled as the discretion of the Makerspace coordinator, please call for more information .
- Digital resources can now be found in one location: the DoD MWR Library!
- A free resource for authorized users, offering digital access to resources such as: eBooks & audiobooks, movies and music, online interactive storytelling, colorful and fun resources for homework help & research, and more!
- To access have your EDI-PI or DOD ID Number and Date of Birth ready
Our Favorites Include:
- Libby App
- Mango Languages
- National Geographic
- Scholastic Teachables
- Chilton Library
- and O'Reilly
|Monday||7:00am - 7:00pm|
|Tuesday||7:00am - 7:00pm|
|Wednesday||7:00am - 7:00pm|
|Thursday||7:00am - 7:00pm|
|Friday||7:00am - 5:00pm|
|Saturday||8:00am - 1:00pm|
|Closed Federal Holidays|